Training - getting back to basics
This week our regular Wednesday training was all about doing the basics efficiently. We had five grid references to locate in the woods near Llangwyfan. At each there was a task to complete.
1. Put our Bell Stretcher together and attach the wheel.
2. Splinting for a potential femur and lower leg fracture (on different legs)
3. Casualty assessment for spinal injuries and movement/lifting from a difficult location.
4. Putting a casualty onto our vacuum mattress.
5. CPR and basic life support with defibrillator use.